Michele is committed to providing you with top quality primary care. If you are looking for answers to your health related questions, she will do her best to address them in the first appointment. If you make an initial acupuncture appointment, that is included in the first visit. If the initial appointment question and answer session is very involved, rarely will the acupuncture treatment itself be postponed until the next visit. If you make a first time herbal appointment, Michele will spend that time figuring out your best custom crafted Chinese herbal solution.
Getting the most out of your acupuncture treatment
For the best treatment results, keep a few things in mind:
- Michele asks that you only make an initial appointment if you are serious in your commitment; she will give you the same in return.
- Therefore please keep your appointment and show up on time–as she has kept this appointment just for you.
- Don’t eat a large meal before your visit but don’t skip the meal prior to your treatment either
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- Turn off your cell phone during the treatment time
- Be sure to discuss any questions or concerns you may have
- Refrain from overexertion, drugs or liquor for at least six hours after treatment
- Follow your treatment plan between visits
- Keep all of your appointments, as each visit builds upon the previous ones
How the acupuncture treatment works
To treat any imbalances, very fine acupuncture needles are inserted at specific acupuncture points along the meridian pathways based on your unique Chinese pattern of disease differentiation. Michele may also include other related therapies such as cupping, Gwa Sha or moxabustion.
Chinese Herbal therapy
Each customized Chinese herbal formula is individualized with great care and sophistication to harmonize your unique imbalances. Michele does not so much treat the disease, as she treats the individual who has the disease. Chinese herbal medicine is a wonderful way to continue the benefits of acupuncture treatments from visit to visit. However, if you desire, you may receive the benefits of Chinese herbs without receiving acupuncture at all. See our related article “Acupuncture or Chinese Herbal Medicine?” Chinese Herbal Medicine is Michele’s foremost passion.
Even after your symptoms are resolved, Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine can assist you in maintaining your health, and prevent future health problems.