Do you lack access to health care? Have you ever wanted to see a holistic health care practitioner on a regular basis but were challenged financially?
Lotus Center is pleased to offer the Open Door Clinic, our reduced cost acupuncture and herbal treatment options for those who are in need. The Open Door Clinic serves as a primary care clinic for those who lack access to health care.
Primary care means that we treat all health problems you may be experiencing ~~ excluding critical care and emergency care ~~ as well as health promotion and disease prevention.
How It Works:
- Available Tuesday 9:30-11am by appointment (this was previously our Walk-In Clinic):$25 for acupuncture or cupping treatment; $10 for herbal consult.Herbal medicine carries an additional cost.
- Reservation by other times:
- Option #1: Share the hour with one other friend or family member, $75/hour or $37.50/person
- Option#2: Share the treatment hour with two other friends or family members, reduce the cost to $25/person.
**The treatment room is big enough for three to be treated together.
Lotus Center is not responsible for collecting partial fees; one delegated person is expected to pay for the hourly fee.
Available: Monday-Thursday 9-3pm (except Tuesday morning) Friday 9-11am.
**All appointments by reservation only**
Tuesday morning clinic (formerly called Walk-In Clinic) ~~ Clients will receive one of the following: acupuncture OR herbal consult OR cupping. Generally, acupuncture is 45 minutes (Tuesday morning) herbal consult 10 minutes, & cupping 10-30 minutes. Patients will get acupuncture and herbal formulas only when they are getting an herbal refill.
Other times by appointment ~~ Acupuncture treatment hour is shared between 2-3 people. If you desire full service acupuncture & herbal formulas together, in a systematic, managed fashion, it is recommended that you schedule a full service clinic appointment.
- Please remember to wear loose clothing to the clinic to better access various points. You will not be asked to disrobe.
- Management of your care will be focused and succinct. As you sign in, we will ask you to pick the issues you’d like to focus on. You may come to the Open Door Clinic as often as you need it.
- Unfortunately, there is not the opportunity to counsel, teach and delve into interpersonal conversation in the clinic. Receiving treatment is the priority. However, the time and space for private and deeper communication is more easily accessible in full service appointments.
- Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed in the group room. Once you are escorted there, communication will be kept to a whisper. There are screens between treatment tables, but 100% confidentiality cannot be guaranteed since other patients will be in the same space.
Acute and chronic illnesses, as well as health promotion/maintenance and disease prevention. Complicated cases will be referred to our full service clinic, as that is a more appropriate venue due to time and space concerns.